John Grossman 1932 - 2016
In 1974 graphic designer and artist visited an antiques shop in Port Costa, California that was filled with memorabilia, including printed ephemera. He bought several pieces and returned a few weeks later for more. Fast forward some 30 years, the additions now number some 250,000 items. What began as a hobby became a life's passion and one of the world's largest collections of printed ephemera. The John and Carolyn Grossman Collection is now owned and housed at the Winterthur Estate, Museum and Library in Delaware.
From 1985 to 1998, John and his wife, Carolyn founded and ran The Gifted Line, a giftware and licensing company that used images from their collection to create products and books.
A member of the Ephemera Society of America since 1981, he received the 1990 prestigious Maurice Rickards Award from the society for his promotion of ephemera.
To learn more of this extraordinary and gifted man and his passion of collecting printed ephemera, please visit the website: